Social Dance Music

As some of you may know, I do a lot of social dancing, and over the last two years I’ve built up a respectable library of dance music.  Since this post just over a year ago, my collection has decupled (increased by a factor of ten).  Well, 11.5, actually.  Most of this is thanks to extensive sharing with Mike, Jason, and Graham.

Anyway, I spend a lot of time maintaining and updating this collection, so I started a little blog to share my dance music discoveries.  If you’re interested, you can find it here.

1. composerjk wrote:

Yay for dance music! I need to carve out time in my schedule for doing that and adjusting songs for speed, too.

Posted 24 Feb 2008 at 22:19
  2. wyterabbit wrote:

Yeah, I only have about 40 edited songs because it’s time consuming and sometimes difficult.

Posted 24 Feb 2008 at 22:32
  3. semer wrote:

But, but… I cannot just add it to my flist for it is not on LJ! Whyyyy Rowyn, whyyyYy?

Posted 25 Feb 2008 at 03:04
  4. wyterabbit wrote:

Because Blogspot has a lot of features LJ doesn’t, and I wanted to try something new. Maybe I can sync it with LJ or at least with Facebook notes or something to give you easier access. Or you could start using a feed reader like I do :).

Posted 25 Feb 2008 at 08:22
  5. composerjk wrote:

Since there’s an RSS feed, we should be able to create a syndicated feed on LJ. Paid and permanent accounts can create them. So, I can do that, if you want.

Of course, there may also be a way to do cross-post, then you have to worry less about checking yet another spot for comments.

Posted 25 Feb 2008 at 09:29
  6. wyterabbit wrote:

Could you? That would be ever so kind and helpful. I realized I don’t actually want to cross-post — part of the whole point of making a new blog is distinct subject matter. Guess I could sync up with Facebook Notes or something but…well, if you’d be willing to create a syndicated feed that would be great.

Posted 25 Feb 2008 at 22:18
  7. composerjk wrote:

Sure thing.

Alas, it seems their character limit for creating the syndication name stops one character before the end of socialdancemusic (i.e., at 15 characters). What syndication name would you like?

Posted 25 Feb 2008 at 23:02
  8. wyterabbit wrote:

I dunno, does it really matter? I mean, do people see it? If not, soc-dan-mus (or socdanmus) is fine, if so, maybe just “Dance Music”?

Posted 26 Feb 2008 at 20:08
  9. composerjk wrote:

It’s similar to your username. So, it shows up, in that sense. Alas, though dancemusic has been deleted and purged, it seems that a syndicated name has to be a totally new name. They also can’t be renamed nor deleted.

I can set it up however you want: soc-dan-mus, socdanmus, socdancemusic, sdancemusic, socialdance, socialdancemuse, …
    assuming they’re available. But, in the end, it probably doesn’t really matter.

Posted 26 Feb 2008 at 20:22
  10. wyterabbit wrote:

socdancemusic, if possible, please. Thanks!

Posted 26 Feb 2008 at 20:28
  11. composerjk wrote:

Done!

Posted 26 Feb 2008 at 20:34
  12. composerjk wrote:

Now to finish watching Oliver!. :)

Posted 26 Feb 2008 at 20:36