Register to vote!

This year’s California General Election is less than a month away and carries with it far-reaching implications for the future of our state and nation. With that in mind, I would like to remind you that this is the last full week that you can register to vote before the registration deadline, next Monday, Oct. 18th. If you are not registered, wish to change your party affiliation, or have moved since the last election, I urge you to register or re-register to vote.

There are many ways to get hold of a voter registration form. Here are two online:

Many counties, including Alameda and Santa Clara, allow you to check your registration status online. The Secretary of State’s website provides a list of lookup sites and numbers by county.

I’m a fan of permanently voting by mail (a.k.a absentee), but you can also find your polling place using Smart Voter.

1. Sandra wrote:

Why can’t I fully register online? Isn’t this supposed to be the FUTURE?

Posted 12 Oct 2010 at 15:08
  2. ellen wrote:

Your mom’s been bugging you again, eh ;-)

Posted 12 Oct 2010 at 15:26
  3. Rowyn wrote:

@Sandra: I know. It’s stupid.

@Ellen: No, I actually care about this myself, believe it or not.

Posted 12 Oct 2010 at 23:01
  4. twifkak wrote:

Oh, great, yet another responsibility. Next thing you’re going to telling me I have to vote, too.

Posted 13 Oct 2010 at 00:39
  5. princess cut wrote:

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this article is
    awesome, great written and include approximately all important infos.
    I’d like to look extra posts like this .

Posted 19 Nov 2014 at 05:50
  6. generateur de code wrote:

No matter if some one searches for his required thing, thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, so
    that thing is maintained over here.

Posted 22 Jan 2015 at 10:26
  7. Www. wrote:

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
    I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you
    continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 07:10
  8. Tyrone wrote:

Hi there! Quick question that’s completely off topic.

Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My
    weblog looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I’m trying to find a template
    or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share.
    Thanks!